Looking for ways to reduce your energy bills and save money? We can help.
If you’re like most people, you’re already doing some things to cut down on energy use, such as lowering the heat at night.
To help you save even more, we’ve put together this guide of more things you can do to make your home more energy efficient, without sacrificing your comfortable lifestyle.
Your home is a system running many different appliances to keep things comfortable and running smoothly. These appliances may be necessary for your home and they all require energy. It’s simple, when you use less, you’ll pay less.
This guide will help you learn about the big energy consumers in your home, so you can find ways to save energy and lower your bill.
12 Ways to save energy at home
- Unplug your electronic devices and chargers when not in use.
- Wash only full loads of clothes. Use cold water to wash whenever possible.
- Give your dryer a break and hang-dry your clothes instead.
- Use a dishwasher, it consumes one-third less hot water than hand washing.
- Air dry dishes instead of using your dishwasher’s drying cycle.
- Take short showers instead of baths and use low-flow shower-heads for additional energy savings.
- Give your A/C a break cool your home with fans and open windows.
- Check windows and doors are closed when heating or cooling your home.
- Install a programmable thermostat to lower utility bills and manage your heating and cooling systems efficiently.
- Use ceiling fans to keep cool through summers, they circulate air and create a breeze.
- Use power strips for your home electronics and turn the power strips off when not in use.
- Replace your bulbs with more efficient CFLs or LEDs.